Information We Collect
We collect information as follows. First, when you create an account on the Website, we collect personally identifiable information, including your name, email address, nationality and language, and, if you purchase services, credit and debit card information, PayPal information, mobile payment information and/or other payment information depending on the payment option you select. Second, we automatically collect information when you visit the Website or use the Viki Services. We also automatically collect non- personally identifiable information from your computer and browser, including your IP address, software and hardware attributes, the page you request, and cookie and Web beacon information. Non-personal information means information that does not allow someone to identify you individually.
How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect about you for the following general purposes:
- contacting you;
- customizing the content and advertising you view;
- fulfilling your requests for products or services;
- identifying the comments you post on the Website;
- improving the Viki Services;
- conducting research;
- compiling aggregate data for internal and external business purposes;
- preventing potentially illegal activities;
- protecting our rights and other uses in accordance with our Terms of Service; and
- for any other purpose disclosed to you at the time we collect your personally identifiable information.
Disclosure of information
We may share information that we have collected about you with other users if you voluntarily make the information public, including by
- creating an account on the Website (whereby your account name and certain account information will be provided to other users of the Website),
- adding certain information to your channel page, and
- submitting videos or sending messages through the Website.
Also, we may share personal information with companies and organizations that we hire/contract with to perform services for us (for example, processing credit and debit card, mobile and PayPal payments)
In addition, we may disclose your personal information to comply with legal requirements, like law, regulation, warrant, subpoena, court order, or with a regulator or law enforcement agency or personnel, or in connection with a corporate sale, merger, acquisition, reorganization, dissolution or similar event.
If you have provided your email address on the Website and have opted in, we may send you emails informing you of any major changes to the Website, or any pertinent information about the content on Viki.com. If you do not want to receive these emails, please make a change to your email preference in your Viki.com profile page.
Choice and Access to Personal Information
We want to keep personal information accurate. To correct or update your personal information, please visit your account profile page.
Links to Other Web Sites
Cookies and Web Beacons
Cookies are small data files that are sent to your Web browser and placed on your computer's hard drive when you visit a Web site. You can set your Web browser to accept or decline cookies. Some sections of our Web site may not work properly if you decline cookies.
A Web beacon or similar means (collectively, "Pixel Tags") is a small string of code that provides a way for us to deliver a small graphic image (usually invisible) on a Web page or in an email. Pixel Tags can recognize certain types of information on your browser, check whether you have viewed a particular Web page or email message, and determine, among other things, the time and date on which you viewed the Pixel Tag and the IP address of the computer from which it was viewed.
- store information so that you will not have to re- enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Website;
- provide custom, personalized content and information;
- monitor the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns and
- monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, pages viewed, etc.
Transfer of Information to Other Countries
Our processing of the information that it collects may involve the transfer of that information to various countries around the world. By submitting your information to us via the Website or in connection with your interactions with us offline, you consent to such transfers and to the processing of this information in various countries around the world.
We take reasonable steps to protect personal information from loss and misuse. No Internet transmission is 100% secure. We use reasonable physical, technical, and administrative measures to safeguard personally identifiable information in our possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification. Some email sent to or from the Website may not be secure. Please consider this when sending information to us by email.
We do not intentionally collect personal information from children under age 13. If we discover that a child has provided us with personal information online through the Website, we will take reasonable steps to delete this information. If you believe we may have accidentally received personal information from a child under age 13, please immediately contact us at email@example.com.