Welcome to my profile!
My name is Weronika.
I'm native Polish subtitler, moderator and channel manager living in UK and particularly interested in Japanese culture, history and art.
[ If you are interested in working with me, go ahead and message me. ]
- Help with translation of subtitles from English to Polish,
- Correct any mistakes made in translation in my native language,
- Organise the Polish translation teams to successfully complete the subtitles (Moderator),
- Recruit translation and segmenting teams on my channel (Manager)
Channel Manager: 6
- - Nogizaka46 Meets Asia! (Singapore Version) (Japan) - Channel Manager
- - Murakami Grand Festival 2016 (Japan) - Channel Manager
- - Hirugao: Love Affairs in the Afternoon (Japan) - Channel Manager
- - Tohai I (Japan) - Channel Manager
- - Tohai II (Japan) - Channel Manager
- - The Will To Majesty (China) - Channel Manager [drama is not broadcasted yet]
- - The Last Revenge (Japan) - Moderator
- - Jin Final (Japan) - Moderator
- - Yamagata: In Search of Another Japan (Japan) - Moderator
- - Let's Explore Fukushima! (Japan) - Moderator
- - My Dear Boy (Taiwan) - Moderator
- - Visiting Sacred Places of the Tohoku Region (Japan) - Subtitler
- - Fist of Glory (China) - Subtitler
- - Stay With Me (China) - Subtitler
For my teams:
- Respect is the key thing that would allow you to communicate effectively with each other, while getting on well - there is no need to be rude. (Any problems that can't be solved in the teams should be reported to me and I will try to help with an issue)
- Any absences should be also reported to me through message - it will make it easier for me to know whether you still want to be part of a channel or you just simply want to stop.
- When it comes to short dramas or short films (under 45 minutes) I do not take more than 2 Subtitlers per language for organisational purposes.
- In every channel I manage, no matter if you are a Moderator or a Subtitler, your committment and hard work are going to be rewarded.
- For help with problems related to translation you should ask from your Language Moderators.
- Do not translate from Google Translate or any other website / app of this type - most of the time, they are not accurate. (However, I do not expect you to know every single word in both languages - if you face this issue, you should check dictionary, or translate the not known word and then check if it matches to the context - if you are not sure, ask your Moderator).
- Do not 'blacklist' community members.
- Do not discourage members from participating on channels.
- If there is two or more subtitlers working on an channel, try to create a plan which would consist of which subtitler is responsible to translate different part of a channel (can be done by episodes, or by parts in episodes).
- Try to help Subtitlers if they face a translation problems.
- Try to go over translations of Subtitlers regularly to then correct any mistakes made.
- Once subtitles are finished and checked, lock them and let me know about that, please.
I hope you will have a nice day!