Hi! This is Honeykki! Today, I made Sailor Moon Brooch Macaroon With Cream Cheese Buttercream! I used old almond flour I had at home so the coque didn't come out smooth. But the Sailor Moon Brooch came out cute, so I decided to share it. I used cream cheese buttercream for the filling, and it wasn't too heavy, I loved it!
Ingredients for Macaroon (makes 15)
110g Ground Almond
100g Confectioner's Sugar (Powdered Sugar)
85g Egg Whites
Food Coloring (Yellow & Pink)
Ingredients for Cream Cheese Buttercream
50g Unsalted Butter
50g Cream Cheese
25g Confectioner's Sugar (Powdered Sugar)
Ingredients for Sugar Icing
150g Confectioner's Sugar (Powdered Sugar)
Vanilla Extract (optional)
Recipe for the Macaroon
1) Sift the confectioner's sugar and ground almond.
2) Place the egg whites in a bowl and beat.
3) Add the sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
4) Gently fold the almond mixture into the egg whites until the ingredients are just combined.
5) Divide the mixture and add food coloring (pink & yellow).
6) Place the mixture in a piping bag with round tip and pipe into 30~32 small circles.
7) Let stand at room temperature for 30~60 minutes.
8) Preheat oven at 180C and bake 10~15minutes. Temperature and baking times may vary due to type of the oven.
Recipe for the Cream Cheese Buttercream
1) Beat the butter, cream cheese and confectioner's sugar until pale and fluffy.
2) Use to sandwich pairs of macaroon together. Enjoy!