Today’s dish is Cabbage Rolls from the movie "Honokaa Boy." This recipe includes chilled rice, as in the movie. The combination of creamy sauce and rolls is super soft and delicious. You can opt for tomato sauce instead of cream sauce. I recommend watching the movie before making it!
300g Minced Pork
1/2 Bowl of Rice (chilled)
1/2Tbsp Red Pepper Powder
Salt & Pepper to Taste
1 Chicken Bullion Cube
200ml Heavy Cream
1 Heaping Tbsp or 2Tbsp Sour Cream
1) Cut away the thick stalk and blanch the whole cabbage in boiling water, stem side down. Flip the cabbage halfway through the cooking.
2) Separate, take out and chill the cabbage leaves.
3) Mix the minced pork, chopped onion, red pepper powder, parsley, salt, pepper and chilled rice. You can add cheddar cheese!
4) Slice away excess thickness on the stem and make perpendicular slits to make it more bendable.
5) Flip and roll the cabbage with the stuffing.
6) Sprinkle flour over the rolls, coat the pan with oil and fry the rolls until golden.
7) In a pot, add the roll, water, chicken stock and bring to a boil. Then add sour cream, heavy cream and milk and simmer until soft and cooked through.
Done! Bon appetit! :)