Today, I made traditional Gungjung Tteokbokki (Royal Tteokbokki). This is said to have been made for the royal family and is typically made with soy sauce instead of gochujang (red pepper paste). If you can’t eat spicy food, Gungjung Tteobokki is the way to go.
Ingredients (2~3 served)
400g Cylinder-Shaped Rice Cake
3 Shiitake Mushrooms
1 Bell Pepper
1/2 Green Onion
3Tbsp Soy Sauce
1/2Tbsp Sesame Oil
1/2Tbsp Chopped Garlic
1) Soak the rice cake in warm water.
2) Marinate the beef and sliced shiitake mushrooms with sauce ingredients.
3) Cut carrot, bell pepper and onion into a similar size as the rice cake.
4) Stir-fry (1) in a pan and once cooked, add water and simmer.
5) When water turns to broth, add rice cake and carrot, bell pepper and onion. Keep stirring until withered.