Today, I made simple custard pudding. It’s very smooth, sweet and delicious! So, try it! I used three egg yolks for a softer pudding that melts in my mouth, but if you want a sturdier pudding that keeps form after flipping, use four egg yolks.
Ingredients for Syrup (100ml pudding mold, 4ea)
Ingredients for Pudding
3 Large Egg Yolks
1Tbsp Vanilla Extract
1) Place the sugar and water in a saucepan and simmer until light brown. It can taste burnt if overcooked. So, turn off the gas or fire immediately once the color shows.
2) Pour the syrup into a ramekin (pudding mold) and cool completely. The pudding slides out better if you coat the ramekins with butter, but I got little bubbles. :(
3) Heat the milk with sugar using gas stove or microwave.
4) In a bowl, mix the eggs and sugar, add (3) milk mixture and mix well.
5) Strain the (4) egg milk mixture, divide and pour into ramekins (pudding mold).
6) Line the bottom of a deep pan with paper towel, and place the ramekins on top. (The paper towel prevents the ramekins from rattling and breaking in boiling water.)
7) Pour in hot water and simmer for 15~20 minutes. You can use an oven.
8) Refrigerate the pudding for at least 1 hour.
Serve on a plate.