Today’s menu is Japchae! It’s quite a complex recipe, but I made a simple version using the microwave! I was inspired by an article that Japchae was voted No. 1 most-loved Korean food by foreigners. It’s nicer to stir fry each ingredient separately, which is traditional, but this recipe also is so good! I hope this is helpful for those who live abroad or are interested in Korean cuisine but struggle at making the sometimes complex dishes.
100g Glass Noodles (Dangmyeon)
3 Shitake Mushrooms
1/3 Julienned Carrot
1/4 Sliced Onion
Ingredients for the Sauce
4Tbsp Soy Sauce
1Tbsp Sesame Oil
1/2Tbsp Chopped Garlic
1) Soak the glass noodles in lukewarm water for about 1 hour.
2) Mix soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil, chopped garlic, black pepper and sesame seeds
3) In a large bowl, add glass noodles, beef and 2/3 sauce and mix well.
4) Add onion and carrots, cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 5 minutes
5) Toss, add spinach and microwave for 3 minutes.
6) Add 1/3 sauce and mix well. Done!