Today, I’ll show you how to make Korean-Style Sweet Potato Cake. Generally, sweet potato cakes are iced with whipped cream and coated with powdered genoise. Sweet potato cake is my mom’s favorite cake! So moist, soft and sweet!
Ingredients (18cm Genoise)
3 Eggs (50g Yolk / 70g White)
100g Cake Flour
Sweet Potato Filling
5~6 Cooked Sweet Potatoes (700g)
100ml Heavy Cream
Whipped Cream for Frosting
350ml Whipping Cream
Boil 1 part sugar in 2 parts water
Recipe for Sweet Potato Filling
1) In a pot, cook sweet potatoes until potatoes are completely soft.
2) Peel and mash while they are hot!
3) In a pot, add milk, heavy cream, sugar and butter. Boil until butter melts.
4) Add mashed sweet potatoes and mix well. If you want it smoother, blend using hand mixer or sift.
Recipe for Whipping Cream for Frosting
In a large bowl, whip the whipping cream and sugar
1) Cut the genoise into three layers.
2) Brush the syrup, spread sweet potato filling and repeat!
3) Ice the cake with whipped cream.
4) Coat with powdered genoise. Done!