Today’ menu is Walnut Pie! Walnut pie is simple and delicious, which makes it a perfect holiday gift! You can use pecans or other nuts instead of walnuts. Actually, I used 200g walnuts in this video, but it seemed a bit too much, so I wrote less in the recipe. Haha.
Ingredients for Pie Crust (Mold size 22cm)
180g Cake Flour or All-Purpose Flour
120g Unsalted Butter
Ingredients for Filling
80g Starch Syrup
80g Brown Sugar
2g Cinnamon Powder
* You can use pecans or other nuts instead of walnuts.
Recipe for Preparing Walnuts
1) Add walnuts into boiling water and boil for 5~10 minutes.
2) Rinse the walnuts with cold water and strain.
3) Put the walnuts in oven pan and bake at 180C for 10 minutes.
Recipe for Pie Crust
1) Blend flour, butter, sugar, salt and egg in a food processor. If mixing by hand without a food processor, rub flour and diced butter together until crumbs or mix melted butter with the rest of the ingredients.
2) Put in a plastic bag and leave it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Recipe for Filling
1) Mix butter, sugar, starch syrup and water until sugar and butter are melted in a double boiler.
2) Add eggs, cinnamon powder, and vanilla extract to (1) and mix well.
1) Roll the pie crust.
2) Transfer the dough to pie mold and poke the bottom of crust using fork.
3) Place the walnuts and filling, bake in preheated oven at 180C for 30~40 minutes.
Temperature and baking time may vary due to type of the oven.