Today’s menu is Strawberry Chocolate Cake With Chocolate Glaçage. This cake is perfect for Christmas. So festive! I decorated the cake using the glaçage I have been seeing on social media. But It wasn’t easy. Keeping the right temperature is very important. You can use ganache instead.
Ingredients for Chocolate Genoise (18cm)
3 Eggs (50g Yolk / 50g White)
80g Cake Flour
20g Cocoa Powder
Ingredients for Whipped Cream Frosting
650ml Whipping Cream
50g Condensed Milk
Ingredients for Glaçage
50ml Heavy Cream or Whipping Cream
15g Cocoa Powder
Strawberries (for decoration)
For Sugar Syrup, boil 1 part sugar in 2 parts water
Recipe for the Glaçage
1) In a pan, boil sugar, water and heavy cream until sugar is melted.
2) Turn off the heat and add cocoa powder and mix well.
3) Bring to a boil again and remove from heat.
4) Add soaked gelatin and mix well.
5) Strain and cool till lukewarm.
When the glaçage is too hot, it can be too runny or cause the cream to melt. It should be lukewarm, or just a bit cooler than body temperature (about 32~34C).
1) Cut the genoise into three layers.
2) Brush the syrup, add whipped cream and strawberries and repeat!
3) Ice the cake with whipped cream and freeze for 1 hour.
4) Pour the glaçage over the cake.