Today’s menu is Chicken With Cream Sauce from the movie "Julie & Julia." This menu appeared for a very short time in the movie, but I couldn’t stop thinking about it. So I made it. Mushroom and red wine?! At first I thought, "How would it taste?" But it was good after making it.
The cream sauce is more rich and flavorful than expected. It’s so simple. So try it.
Ingredients (2~3 Servings)
3 Chicken Breasts
Salt & Pepper to Taste
200ml Heavy Cream
50ml Red Wine
8 Button Mushrooms
2~3 Garlic Cloves
Fresh Italian Parsley or Dried Parsley
I have tried using balsamic vinegar instead of red wine a long time ago. It was good, too. You could try using balsamic vinegar if you don’t have red wine.
1) Marinate chicken breast with salt and pepper.
2) Melt the butter in a pan, add and cook chicken breast until both sides are golden brown. If you cover the pan with a lid or baking paper during the cooking, it helps the chicken to cook evenly.
3) Transfer the chicken to a plate.
4) Slice the mushrooms and garlic and sauté with butter or olive oil.
5) When mushroom is withered, add the red wine and keep sautéing.
6) Add heavy cream and chicken and simmer. Add salt and pepper to taste.
7) Garnish with parsley. Enjoy with bread.