Today’s menu is Chicken and Ricotta Lasagna Rollups. I made it in the past, and everyone liked it. So I made it again for the end of the year.
I used lasagna noodles but you can use zucchini or eggplant ribbons.
You can choose tomato sauce or cream sauce to your preference, but I like half and half. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
Ingredients (serves 4 as main dish)
8 Lasagna Sheets
2 Cans of Chicken Breast or Shredded Cooked Chicken
200g Ricotta Cheese
3 Button Mushrooms
Salt and Pepper to Taste
2cups Tomato Pasta Sauce
1cup Shredded Mozzarella
1) Chop the onion and button mushrooms.
2) Coat the pan with oil, add chopped vegetable and stir-fry with salt and pepper.
3) Cook the lasagna with boiling salt (1Tbsp) water according to package directions.
4) In a bowl, add and mix shredded chicken breast, ricotta cheese, stir-fried vegetable, salt and pepper. (Add chopped blanched spinach for extra deliciousness, but it’s optional.)
5) Spread the tomato sauce and cream sauce on each lasagna, put the ricotta chicken mixture and roll up.
6) Thinly coat the bottom of oven dish with tomato sauce and put in the lasagna rollups.
7) Spread the tomato sauce all over and sprinkle with mozzarella.
8) Bake in oven for 10~15 minutes until cheese is melted.